Monday, February 12, 2018

Key West #2

KEY WEST  cont.   

As I explore the keys I don't always think about taking a picture of my experience until i'm already on to my next adventure.  I am trying to snap a few at each stop.  (Sorry live with it.) 

Smathers Beach looking NE
 I went to this beach several times just to walk and wade in the Atlantic Ocean. Because of the coral reef out a couple of miles there are no waves like on the Oregon coast.
Looking SW on Smathers beach. These Coral rocks are brought in to help keep the sand in place.Its only 90 miles to Cuba.


 Waiting for lunch at my table in the sand.



Pasta with Shrimp, mushrooms,spinach,fresh tomatoes,and bread.
View from my table on the beach at Salute! On the Beach
 Downtown Key West:

Street Fair

A Little History
 I walked to the end of the street fair and saw 2 cruise ships unloading thousands of people so I got out of there as fast as I could.   


Stopped for a drink  and noticed the view towards the gulf. The restaurant was damaged during IRMA


1 comment: